View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3415678)   #24
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I now that in some quarters CSCC are not considered to be a "proper" major organisation (despite routinely having 300 cars out at meetings) but as MG David has said the CSCC have been championing good driving standards for many years and have asked members to resign, excluded drivers from meetings and/ or not accepted applications to join several times.
That's why it's always a pleasure to marshal at CSCC meetings. CSCC's robust approach to driving standards means that the racing will be close & clean & that appropriate action will be taken on any incidents that do occur - a driver has been excluded from the meeting on the basis of one of my reports.

Quote:
Nevertheless, incidents do still occur and I think the belief in the "racing incident" is too easy really. Many "racing incidents" occur because drivers don't have any forethought, anticipation or respect for their fellow competitors. Some would rather have the bang than back off. Me, I'd rather back off and come home with all 4 wheels pointing the right direction and the bank account intact.
A very wise Clerk of the Course once said that there's no such thing as a "racing incident". Every incident has a cause & is therefore avoidable - that doesn't necessarily mean that someone should be punished for every incident.