Old 27 Apr 2018, 02:03 (Ref:3817603)   #68
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Actually 3 in a row for Kyle. He definitely seems to be maturing nicely; the brat in the Hendrick No. 5 looks to be gone and the over-driving charge at every instant is more of a push when necessary and take care of the car the rest of the time.

Always quiet in here, about as quiet as the stands - my viewpoint is an internet stream over here in Blighty - dip in and out now and then, sometimes watch the hour (ish) long highlight show. Although I'll bet idiot France will deny it my money says Monsters early sponsor exit is they've realised there aren't many people to market their fizzy poison too. Not many people full stop... Jr retiring can only account for some of the attendance drop off, not all of it surely?

Definitely need to ditch the gimmicks - playoffs and stages - and get the aero sorted to increase overtaking opportunities at some tracks. I say aero, could be well wrong in that,
but whatever it is these current cars and running real close/ overtaking seems to be less. Or am I imagining it? Sadly the show - which I loved 'til the end of last decade - is becoming a little dull. Not as dull as the now unwatchable F1: heck I used to love that.

Need some good close racin' dudes!

Good news that Matt Kenseth is back. One of my favourites... now if Carl Edwards comes out of retirement too (unlikely!) then I will be gettin' on a plane to come and watch some races in the fall.
I'm not so sure that Kenseth coming out of retirement and trying to make a comeback is such a great thing. He has not driven in competition for awhile now. Kind of like Jeff Gordon. Out of the car less than a year, when he filled in for Earnhardt Jr., where he was out with the dizziness/sight problems from the concussions, Gordon had lost a whole lot, which he admitted. What worries me is me is that there is a trend for drivers trying to make a comeback, that turns out bad. The late Neil Bonnett comes to mind. That happened to a couple of others over the years that tried to make a comeback, after a sizable layoff. Pray that, that I is not going to happen to Kenseth. Carl has been out of it for way too long now. From what I have heard, he is more interested in moving into politics, in his home state and possibly trying to move up into the level of federal politics. I liked both he and Kenseth, the way I feel, I think that once you have either made the decision to "retire", or you lose a ride and cannot find another one, after a period of searching, it is better to stay retired. You don't take the chance of injury or death and you also do not take the chance of damaging your standing/reputation in the sport, because you didn't get back to the level that you were at when you left the sport. People today don't remember your past, how great you might have been, they only remember what you did VERY RECENTLY and nothing past that!