View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2024, 11:13 (Ref:4190921)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hi Jesper long time no see!! Happy New Year and hope all is well?

As you refer to, I don't think the E24 635 was ever homologated in Gr.1 spec so it won't have been that model.

As we know it had a displacement of just under 3500cc so that would have made it a big class car, as indeed it was when it was homologated for Gr.A for 1983.

I suspect the #33 Class B entry would have been an RX7 as Tom had been running the odd overseas round in one of his TWR built cars that year, such as in Belgium? I think running extra races helped with development plus i'm sure Tom would have received some sort of entry payment for doing so!

I need to check but I don't think the old TWR 530i was entered in the BSCC after 1979. I believe there were some scrutineering issues with it at one round, but that may have been in 1978?
IIRC the car had run underweight in a practice session and also had some minor performance mods which weren't eigible in the UK but had been ok in the Trophy L'Avenir events in Europe which allowed certain extra tweaks that the RAC run British seried did not.

Last edited by chunterer; 6 Jan 2024 at 11:29.