View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3182438)   #22
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I didn't have a problem with Patrick's feelings; he was clearly moved by it all but I agree it was shallow in detail. I don't recall any reference to his major role with the Aston Martin works team, or indeed, his 4 wins in the Nurburgring 1000ks, which for me, at any rate, are up there with his Mille Miglia and 1961 GP victories. Still, it was never going to satisfy all of us!
The programme might have been better titled as 'fan meets his childhood idol' or something along those lines as that's what it was. It was very shallow in detail but made up for by the passion and adulation that Sir Patrick felt for Sir Sterling. I enjoyed it for what it was.