Thread: Code 60 for UK
View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2015, 10:51 (Ref:3599406)   #76
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The discussion around comms is of some significant interest, given that various clubs run meetings at different circuits in different ways according to "local tradition" (as far as I've been able to determine, anyway).

I'm rarely without a radio when I'm at Donington, Rockingham or Silverstone but that's because the club I do most of my marshalling with (BRSCC Midland Centre) provide all (most!) posts with a radio. I have however done meetings with other clubs in the last few years who still use the phones at Donington, largely as I understand it because they are there and mean nobody has to lug boxloads of radios around with them.

As long as decent radio comms etiquette is observed (whole different subject!), instantaneous deployment of flags/boards/brushes/pork pies is most definitely achievable, and is achieved on a regular basis.

I'll be responding to the consultation to include that (maybe not the pork pies bit though).