View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2015, 02:53 (Ref:3504430)   #29
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I am surprised to see such an ignorant and patently untrue comment by you, Mountainstar. I have lived in Auckland all my life (apart from my big OE for a few years) and I know literally thousands of Aucklanders, and I have never ever ever met one who had not travelled extensively around the country. And I mean all over it. You are far more likely to meet someone like that in Invercargill or Dannevirke than you are in Auckland.

But I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to go to Hamilton - that's why they made SH27 and the soon to be started Hamilton Bypass isn't it...?
No I'm not joking. I worked with him for a few years and he had been to Australia and the USA and then onto Europe and elsewhere but never bothered to travel south of Auckland. He said growing up his family always vacationed up north or went to one of the Pacific islands.

I also knew plenty of others from Auckland that had never been to the South Island or much further south than Hamilton.

So I guess I could see why Hampton Downs would be ranked as a great journey. I can only imagine what some might have thought of going to Taupo.