Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3341016)   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi View Post
I would hope they go to the GT convergence rules, with any grandfathering necessary to allow grid counts to survive transition and axe the prototype classes. The manufacturers with only a couple of exceptions, don't care for the DP or P2 classes, and the series is better served by one class with all the manufacturers, all the top drivers and teams. It's an easier sell for sponsors as well. The potential GT grid would be very diverse, and the overall spectacle would go up.

I realize I am speaking in the very small minority here, but one class, one set of popular rules, and then let the series grow.
The classes are set through to the new rule set in 2017, period. The pursuit of this folly does nothing but set one up for a fall, and then we get to listen to the resultant whining! This will never be a GT only series, Oy vey.

L.P.