View Single Post
Old 3 May 2017, 04:23 (Ref:3730666)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Would you rather that they rock up there for the race and just hope for the best?

After PI it seems critical to me to do some testing at Bathurst. The teams normally stand their wheels up much more at Bathurst to make life easier for the tyres but to have a better understanding of limits will be important.

Good move to do the test - neither easy nor cheap at Bathurst with all the gates to close etc but as Dunlop and the teams work through the issues, seems logical and needed to do this test.
Not doubting any of that.. but Phillip Island is easier to access in the first instance. And the source of 20-odd failures!

Would consider getting a tyre to work at PI to be more than a great start on a Bathurst tyre.

Can the tyre company get access to test at Bathurst anyway?

Doesnt seem to be another event running already before the B1000 they can just add a day to, like the BMW crowd did..

It requires government gazetting doesnt it, for a separate event. And approval from state & local government. And filling the support crew roster for officials & medical.

Or are we going to see this on Wednesday of Bathurst week

Why is it that Michelin or Pirelli can just pop up with their world GT tyre & just br on it, with no failures of note?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods