View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2781125)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
So now that the GP has come and gone, what's next for the Korean Internation Circuit? (KIC)
Well my answer relates not to track modifications or expansion, but more from an event aspect..... So, whats next?

Announced in early September was The 2010 Korea Super Prix, to be held 26th–28th November at the Korean International Circuit. They will use the full F1 circuit, (not the shorter permanent circuit).

It is a Formula Three event, held from the late 1990's up to 2003, and held traditionally at the Changwon City Raceway. It was actually the first international race meeting ever held in Korea, and so was the precursor to the F1 GP. The event used to back to back as a season end sort of flyaway for F3, run as a warm up event prior to the classic Macao F3 / WTCC and Bike meeting, but has not been held since 2003. (It actually got replaced by the Bahrain Superprix).

I think Jenson Button actually raced at the Korean Super Prix in his F3 year in 1999, finishing on the podium....... his McLaren mate Lewis was on pole for the 2003 event.. Nico Rosberg, Robert Kubica, Nelson Piquet Junior, Heikki Kovalainen, Takuma Sato are other names since known in F1 circles to have competed at a Korean Superprix.

This year's event is actually being run as a sort of grand finale of the F3 year, with the worlds top F3 cars heading on to Korea straight from Macao.

Anyway, the event has been re-introduced, to be held in a months time at the KIC. It starts with a day of testing on Friday followed by qualifying on Saturday and a heat race before the main Super Prix race on Sunday.

Hopefully as an event it will be more fortunate with the weather than the F1 GP.

Last edited by E.B; 27 Oct 2010 at 12:20.