View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2900796)   #45
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, I still think on the grounds of safety, scrapping the timed fuel stop is not a great move... most of these tyre changing & brake changing & refuelling crews are not Pros (with no sleight on them, but AusGT isnt big enough, and arguably doesnt have the need...) and is it not better to give teams the time to change brakes as often as they like in the allotted timeframe, making sure the car is safe... I mean how many cars limp around with some technical problem because of the potential time loss to fix it?
I have to disagree about the timed pitstops

A fundamental skill of endurance racing is slick pitwork. Just because some crews aren't pro's or as quick as others shouldn't mean the ones that have got the job down pat should be disadvantaged... whats next a standardised lap time because some of the drivers aren't pro's?

Look at Le Mans last week, crucial ground was made and lost in the pits between all the leaders, its a crucial aspect and part of the appeal of an enduro.

As for the race, i thinks its a real shame its now become a 'butchers picnic' rules wise....