Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3752217)   #71
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Maybe Tesla drivers know they have nothing to prove so don't need to dominate the outside lane.....

All cars have a speed where they are fuel efficient, and to go any faster reduces that efficiency. I would think that EV drivers are more conscious of this than most diesel or petrol car drivers.

I think a Tesla owner can opt out of the 24/7 live tracking, although the purpose is to capture data to improve the breed, so why would you.

The U.K. road network is so congested nowadays, I don't find any enjoyment using it, so am happy to keep safe and legal-ish. Don't think I'm the only one that thinks that way.....
Your observations may not apply on a worldwide basis Mike?

However I see little benefit, even if the car is driving, sitting in the middle lane at 65 with a van in front and a truck behind. There has to be other motivation to do that.

And yes the roads in the UK as terrible and getting worse. I discovered yesterday that the wealthy part of Oxfordshire has even worse road than Surrey. Beginning to think that out local roads may be some of the best in the country. Which is worrying as even locally I would consider a serious 4x4 (think Defender or similar) might be necessary soon to avoid regular suspension damage.

I suspect the state of the roads may be subconsciously intentional on the part of the "Government of state". On the basis of "If they are really bad people will slow down."

If so they should be honest and ban excessively powerful new cars in favour of super efficiency.

That said I doubt we will see super efficient small engines achieving high mileages before they need to be replaced. Or more likely see the vehicle they came in scrapped.