Thread: WEC Kolles Prototype
View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:01 (Ref:3800379)   #1076
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Last years Fuji race was a weird one with all the stopping but it was wet for the whole thing. I don't remember the Dunlop performance in the wet, was it better than the Michelin just in lmp2 or GTE?
I recall JMW on Dunlops being occasionally better suited in the wet than the Michelin-runners but that was years ago when I still followed GTE/GT2. In any case, I think whenever there is tire war in the category, you can at least hope for your entry that's equipped with the "underdog tires" to perform differently than competition in unexpected conditions... just like Falken in ALMS showed years ago with their ludicrously better traction on wet (and certain street circuits).

Anyway, Le Mans 2016 with the disgraced one hour SC start (not to mention them even proposing stopping the race which had never ever been done before) which continued until the track was near bone dry just like in F1 is the one I'm always going to be referring as the "not allowed to race in the rain anymore" example