View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1672175)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You are best to talk with John Wilcocks who posts here as not only does he look after the Pre 93s but low and behold he also races (successfully) the same model car as you. I think he is on holiday at the moment but I will point him in your direction if you cannot get hold of him.

Back to your car, be careful. If you want to remain eligible in Pre 93 you cannot do all the lightening tricks you can in ModProds and Classic Thunder. In Modprods you could take all the inner supports and braces from the panels but in pre 93 you are basically restricted to things that unbolt (speak to Stacy or John)! In CT however you have more flexibility than in ModProds and can use perspex windows and composite lightweight panels. Unfortunately there will be a compromise if you want to compete in both and I have the same problem with my car but John competes in both and goes very well so weight is not the be all an end all.

PS I think you may have to replace the door trims in pre 93 and short of acid dipping I reckon you will not get it much lighter for that class.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 3 Aug 2006 at 14:28.