View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2006, 11:06 (Ref:1639705)   #44
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Nice pics GTR Magic, Sytner ran two cars in 1984. One was his original from ;83 whicj I think got stacked at an '84 BTCC round and a newer car which he ran for the rest of the season and into '85 I think. David Sutherland (one of Frank's old S2000 rivals) drove the rebuilt older car for the last couple of BTCC rounds in '84. I think this is the car in your pics?
Sytner also ran two cars at both of the British ETCC races in 85- the second was for John Clark/Hamish Irvine at Donington, and a couple of South African drivers , Tony Viana and Nicolo Bianco for the TT. (4 South African drivers came over for the TT- the other pair drove a Terry Drury Alfa GTV6)
Sytner shared his regular car with Michel Delcourt at Donington and John Clark at Silverstone.

Depending on when the ex-Sytner car arrived in Australia, could he have even had a third car at some time? (think there was a thread on ex-Sytner 635's a while back?)

Last edited by KA; 23 Jun 2006 at 11:10.