View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3739991)   #2079
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last of the Championship rounds before the summer break this weekend at my favorite hiil, Loton Park, close to the Welsh boarders by Welshpool.

Saturday, practice only but the chance of 3 runs, 4 in the Class.
First run and it poured, real Welsh Rain, which can penetrate anything known to man, let alone me in the Lola t 492!
Zero grip on the 3 year old slicks so did a 81.4/ 3.38 second run, slowest in class.
Sean from McClurg Motorsport will laugh seeing that!

Second run was with the track wet but trying, but a bit quicker at 72.37/2.9, slowest in Class...
I made the start in 2nd gear which was quite good. Worth the try.

Third run was a dry hill so off we went, got to get some speed!

Result was 57.5/ 2.13 which included a real problem selecting 2nd after the start in 1st, had this before but it cost a lot of time.

However, 2nd in class, the NG V8 ran 60.99 and the road spec Ferrari clocked 62.20.

However, Allan ran 54.13/ 2.03 and was 1 second off his pb....
He fitted fresh slicks today too!

Sunday is forecast to be better so I need to do a good run in the morning as rain expected in the afternoon.

My pb is 56.79/ 2.12 so close to a pb if I'm lucky.

Have to say the engine ran a bit 'off-song' today and that stalled 1st to 2nd shift will mean some summer tinkering is required.
Save me getting bored or doing the garden. (I wish)