View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2715092)   #75
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They may have. I didn't get to listen too much. Slightly unrelated, but I did catch the SPEED pitwall interview with Norbert Singer and that was very cool. He seemed genuinely excited about the future possibilities.

I think they will go petrol/hybrid. At least Audi anyway. It should be the easier route. The electric motors will more than make up for any lost torque that a diesel would provide. And I think that is generally easier to build a petrol engine lighter than a relative diesel. However, diesel technology in this application is still in it's infancy and is developing very rapidly, so they may go diesel. At this point it is all speculation regardless of who is reporting it. Ultimately both will chose whichever they feel the regs gives an advantage too. And that is something that is unclear to us outsiders. Or they may chose diesel/hybrid just to prove that they can do it. I wouldn't be surprised if Peugeot take this route. They sort of have that kind of attitude.

No matter what...I think that this is the most exciting time in motorsports in a long while. I also think that it will prove to be one of the most important eras as well. We are witnessing the beginnings of a great change and I hope that the R18 and it's contemporaries will reflect that excitement and freshness. If the ACO can keep up, the next decade could be mind blowing.