Old 26 Dec 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2808538)   #3
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I´ve just stumbled across Audi PR announcing that two works-backed Audi R8 LMS will be entered in next year's Bathurst 12 Hour race.

The race is held on the first weekend of February, does anybody have any further info on this?

I found the official website (http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/) and had a look at the 2010 results and it seems that this years race was contested only by smaller touring cars and V8 Ute trucks and stuff like that.

Didn't they allow GT3s until now or was there no interest from GT teams to enter? I hope it's a rule change because Bathurst is a great track and it would be fun to have some GT3s racing there... no point watching if Audi runs in circles around touring car-only competition though...
There will be a strong GT3 (Outright category.) The AGTC is absolutely booming here, we've seen a lot of new cars brought the the series over the past 2 years, we're almost seeing car model limits reached. 2010 model cars are being forced to make 25% or so more pit stops than 2009 spec GT3 cars in order to balance performance, as most of the AGTC field runs pre 2009 cars, but who knows, that might just be too much. Not sure how much quicker the 2010 spec cars are.

Should be a good field. I just hope everyone has got their **** together when it comes to blue flags, we've seen some absolutely horrific crashes this year in the AGTC, ones that are absolutely unnecessary and costing competitors a lot of money..