View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2113295)   #37
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think an equitable split (i didn't say equal) would be appropriate but if the Amigos expect the likes of TG to recompense them for money they've poured down the drain then they're living in a dream world.

Whilst I hate to tear apart individual posts in here out of fear of being seen to pick on a post or poster, I do feel intrigued by the double standard on display being seen to be right that TG should recompense the Amigos for money they've spent whilst at the same time stating that the IRL (and presumably therefore TG) has burned through $300m - should he not be given credit for that in the same way?

Similarly, if TG expects the CC mob to shut up shop quietly without as much as a voice on the board of a new series then similarly he's not basing his views on business reality.

A 50/50 split just isn't realistic at present. The future is much less insecure for the IRL and as a result why should its owners be expected to prop up the other series? Instead TG has probably done the only sensible thing open to him and offered his services to the teams.

However this isn't an anti-CC post. I hark back to my great memories of CC watching the likes of Blundell and Mansell coming over to shake things up. Even as recently as the Montoya and Franchitti title battle it was great to watch and made a fantastic change to the increasingly stale F1. Things need to change and if one series needs to die that so be it. For the record I have similar views about F1 - I would love for manufacturers to start pulling out to stop money pouring out of the sport into the rights holders' pockets.