View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2113362)   #43
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
....And this is why there won't be a merge anytime soon because CC won't want to be controlled by the IRL, and TG won't do 50/50. CC isn't worth $100 mill, especially when the assets were bought for $3 mill I agree IC, however it shouldn't be taken as gospel from RM especially when the only source is from him as I believe?

For 1 series, it just needs to be based around the Indy 500, and include CC events (the great ones that is) and the top teams and drivers from CC as well. TBH offering free Hondas and Dallaras along with wasn't it $1.2 mil to race for the year isn't a bad offer, but like I said, and Eric Bachalart said; the CC guys won't like be run 100% under by TG, and TG won't ever go 50/50. They need their heads banging together and sat down in a room locked together with guns pointed at their heads and forced to merge else there will be no fans left and both will go under. Whether the 500 remains as it is what it is remains to be seen but I wouldn't put my house on it..