View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3723354)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I just don't get why the air restrictor is so "evil" vs the fuel flow meter, since both are used to keep the cars within a certain laptime range by limiting power. Which is more cost effective? A $5-10 dollar piece of metal vs a $2000+ flow meter, plus the electronics that allows it to work?
Actually I don't get why you don't get it. You frequently post about the "evil" (to use your word) of the fuel flow meters and how sonic air flow restrictors are so wonderful. When I respond to your post with what I think is a well reasoned response, as far as I can remember you never respond and it is radio silence until you bring up the topic again as if it's the first time. I will be honest, these days what I look for in your posts is exactly this topic. But I am tired of responding and trying to carry on a discussion without a response and an ensuing discussion. Actually I don't think you want to discuss. You just vent your frustrations and move on (effectively ignoring those who don't agree with you.) This is a "discussion" forum, not a one way conversation. Maybe you have me on your ignore list?

It's frustrating for me to post this because I try hard to attack the post and not the poster, but this topic and your posts are pretty much about you and how upset you are. So I feel like I am giving you grief personally when I try to play by the forum rules. But this thread and similar posts drive me crazy, so I continue to respond.

To the maybe one topic you bring up that I think is something I can talk about that is more on topic... No, I don't like lift and coast and the type of fuel management that happens in a race, be it WEC or F1

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 2 Apr 2017 at 20:34.