View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3723355)   #72
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And not to mention that LMP900 and first gen LMP1 had cars that were identifiyable because they looked different and there was a huge diversity among power trains.

Now, everything, be it evolution or rules, has become increasingly spec. For instance, only Toyota so far has avoided the adoption of the Audi R15/R18 raised platypus nose. Even color schemes look similar between the factory cars at a distance.

And Toyota and Porsche are running sub 2.5 liter engines with huge hybrid systems. What's wrong with diversity, something we had a lot of 10 years ago? IMO, this is an even bigger "evil" than the fuel flow meters. And IMO, it's highly depressing. Things have become more spec and sterile.

I know that it's ridiculous to complain, because my thoughts don't mean much, but I also wish that I remained ignorant of the politics of racing. I don't like politics politics. In fact, I hate and detest real life politics. And I certainly don't like it in racing or things that I try and find an escape. Again, maybe I'm just yearning too much for the "good old days" and maybe ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by chernaudi; 2 Apr 2017 at 20:46.