View Single Post
Old 14 May 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3733358)   #40
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
DJR don't have a more powerful engine than the rest, it's all to do with how they set the aero and geometries, and because of that I still can't see them being beaten in Winton because they appear to have a very good understanding of the fundamentals of the car and how to make it perform in a variety of conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It'd be interesting to compare the DJRTP cars to the PRA ones, particularly around the packaging of the underside of the car, and the way the aero is managed.

I've already noticed one or two little things...
I take it the rules are free regarding how you duct air through and out of the radiators?

I recall, until recently, some of the F1 teams just let the air spill willy nilly through their sidepods and out the exits... until they all started to twig on gains to be had by reducing internal drag??

Surely the underside aero rules (as in not allowed) are pretty strict though? Are you suggesting DJRTP have arranged other components in such a way that they serve an aerodynamic purpose?