Old 29 Jan 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3609087)   #64
WOCCOWAYCER
Rookie

United Kingdom
DAVENTRY
WOCCOWAYCER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK chaps, thanks for all your help on this, I'll have to amend the information in the file where I've stored the images. If we could confirm the drivers & the year, that would be even better.
I must have been confused that, as this accident happened at The Woodcote Chicane it was the Chris Tyrell crash, over the years my old memory has become far more crammed with nonsense!
I'm almost certain this was 1986, as the Phoenix park race was '86, perhaps billy bleach can confirm ?

There is some Irish TV coverage of that race on youtube, which is well worth a look, there was a massive crowd watching the event, most of them seemed to be intoxicated, (read pi**ed).
It was certainly an experience, the race programme being governed by the pub opening hours !!

Still not totally sure on the Boot Gaymer year, I think '84 though.
Anyone care to chip in on that one ?

Going back to the crash photo of #34 Metro at Woodcote, I found this picture on Flickr of the car with the title "Terry racing a BRP Metro", which may help someone identify the driver ? I think this photo was taken in '83, judging by the livery on the Malcolm Harrison car just in front.
Attached Thumbnails
Top-001.jpg