View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3695598)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I wouldn't mind the takedowns if the content was available to buy, but most of it isn't.
FOM is practically 2 decades out of touch.
F1 has an archive with all the races but are they allowed to rebroadcast them? rather do they own the commentary tracks from say the BBC or ITV years for example? in fairness FOM enforcing their take downs might be a contractual obligation to protect the content created by the networks who paid for the rights to originally air the races.

but to me it makes financial sense for them to pick certain races deemed to be 'classics' and remaster them where possible for HD release and hire their own people to provide new commentary tracks.

that i would pay for and i think the Senna doc from a few years back proved there is an audience for this footage.