View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2007, 09:05 (Ref:2065436)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
haha yup I know JR has some fairly forthrite views on the history of some of the B6/8's out there. To get back on theme, I agree about the Merlyn 20 it is very pretty.
Our race, the closed wheel race, was definately a Formula Libre one. We had a modsports E Type, 2 x Chevrons, 2 x sports racers (myself and Stuart Tizzard who drove a blinder to beat the BMW engined Chevrons in his twin cam engined Lenham, a Lister Jaguar and a Kurtis 500 representing 50's era through to several HRSR cars (GoJo's Lotus Cortina and 2 more including David Whiskers Bennett, a man more usually seen peddling a beautiful Aston DB3S) and then 70's cars. The interesting thing for me was that the yoki shod 70's cars were not quicker and it actually led to a pretty even field. Sad to see the Sabre 6 pull up - I have a soft spot for them!
As for the CV8 - I agree an unusual sight. My father had one in period and said it was one of the most terrifying cars to drive that he had ever owned, however he loved seeing it as its the first one he has seen since mid 60's. I recall as a child thinking it was ugly and I must say time has (IMHO) not changed my view!