Old 16 Jun 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2484870)   #20
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
Doesn't the Equipe GTS series do long races as well but they can't be at the same high level as they CSCC as they only allow proper historic FIA papered cars and run under proper regs..
I think the point that was being made (and possibly misconstrued by some posters) is that the CSCC are running mini-enduro type races at the grass roots level of club racing. Equipe GTS does not run to full FiA regs as a matter of fact but I'm sure they don't allow replica classics. Neither does HSCC for that matter and following some recent reg. changes neither is Masters but all that is irrelevant in this thread. The point is that CSCC offer low cost VFM racing for a wide range of car types and specs. in a broadly historic format at a limited constrained level. My original point was that the Marshall's forum expressed that they did not like the longer races that CSCC put on and yet these to my mind as a racer are the appeal. I found it a strange sentiment from our friends in orange when there are so many other series/championships running longer races (as detailed by other contributors).

Just to put an even spin on these commments I am currently very happy with the way that the CSCC are running things and find their meetings to be excellent events but I am also building a car to run in full FIA AppK events so will soon be in good place to compare the merits of the reasonably priced vs. the "you're having a laugh!" entry fee race events.