View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3278591)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Ridiculous? You mean making money, Motorsport and all forms of professional organized sport are dedicated to being a business above being a sport. It's why the World Cup will be in Qatar, F1 races in Korea and Bahrain but not France, Finland and Mexico, NASCAR has only one dates at many of their best tracks, and 2 at their worst and why Indycar doesn't race at road america.

So until 100,000 people stop showing up for two races a year here they don't deserve to lose a date. Dropping one of your most successful events is dumb and stupid, and perhaps if more than 50k had shown up to Rockingam's lone date, that fantastic track would still have a date.

Supply and Demand, ABCs and counting twos, don't have to be a genius to realize what it is and how it works.
See the below and please stop with lectures. I have a decent understanding of supply & demand, and mentioned absolutely nothing about playing footie in the air conditioning in the desert because they can afford to build stadiums and hotels, F1 races in oil rich nations or nations that "have a track and will pay Bernie", Indycar at the greatest road course in America or an outdated facility in North Cackalacky. I hate New Hampshire MS because the racing SUCKS. Why do I watch? Because it's a race on TV on Sunday afternoon and the NFL hasn't started back yet. Pack the stands and go back 10 times a year for all I care. What were the TV ratings? How do they compare to other races this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Who said New Hampshire was in danger of losing a date? All he said was the track sucks... and it does. It always has.

As a random side note, I will never plan a trip to Louden; if I ever get to the Northeast for a race, it'll be to "whatever" they are running at Lime Rock that particular Saturday.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 17 Jul 2013 at 04:22.