View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3715155)   #79
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Nevr ceases to amaze me how that in a sport where millions are spent on eery detail of engine performance and car setup.

Drivers are allowed to be fat, cars are covered in stickers inside and a few of them run out of fuel in the biggest race in their calendar.

I even knew about fuel in autograss for God's sake. I know they are pushing to the limit, but to run out and apparently for this to happen a lot, is embarrassing and rather unprofessional
Most pasta guzzling F1 drivers don't even look like men and with grotesque idiocy like "DRS", F1 certainly isn't one to talk. Nor does any international series look that convincing as they zombie-like mimic whatever trends are afoot in F1 -- or even in sport generally.

I'd reset it to when "fat guys" like Old Rosberg and Alex Jones were doing the rounds in a cold minute if I could.

As for NASCAR, many of the races of the 80s/90s are some of the most without-pause thrilling races ever committed to film. Substantial men, in dangerous cars, driving on a tight rope for an endurance length at utter break neck speeds. The bottom fell out of it when Old Earnhardt died and it's particularly tough for those who used to know what it was like to see such a grand sport fall to the spears of marketing mediocrities.