View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2011, 03:03 (Ref:2901690)   #150
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
Panoz spent nearly 10+ million on developing the new abruzzi so that it could run a parade lap at Petit, run 20 minutes at Sebring, and then be canceled. What makes you think that this will be anything more than a hyped up car that runs an hour at le mans and then disappears? Delta wing and their crew put some money into coming up with this thing, they're gonna find somewhere to run it at least once.
The abruzzi is/was a perfect example of excess ego, the road version not able to be used on the roads most anywhere apparently. Oddly, maybe commitment to the abruzzi is the first step in qualifying to be involved in fronting this delta thing. You have to do 'snake oil' before 'new and improved snake oil.'

This delta thing seems like a flim flam artist's training project, I don't see what the purpose is at all, nor why any financial commitment has been made. At this point I am sure it is not that much. What bothers me is it seems it is the 56th garage entry, taking away the possibility from other projects that would have much more merit. Also, I really hope this thing does not harm the good name of Dan Gurney, who has a great history as a driver, constructor and entrant. I would hate to see him get mucked by this ridiculous thing, he deserves a lot better!