View Single Post
Old 18 May 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2882331)   #162
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh..This is what I love about online forums. Everyone jumps to attention and starts releasing the safety on their pistols because someone says "From what I hear........?

Yes, it's a ridiculous notion that any class should worry about or attempt to control the laptimes of support categories, spectators can't tell a few seconds here and there - hell, a TRS car doesn't look much 'faster' on track to me than an NZV8 but it is 7+ seconds faster at some tracks!! - I digress, the point being that the idea to control laptimes is silly but what's sillier(?) is everyone leaping into condemnation mode because of a 'word on the street' post from some dude with 4 posts in 2 years?

Summation - I don't like the idea suggested but I will reserve judgement until there are facts to judge, what I'd be more interested in is some real detail (i.e. from the series itself) as to the event structure, actual support classes being considered/confirmed etc, can anyone help with that?

Whoa!!....must've had too much coffee this morning!

Last edited by MarioNZ; 18 May 2011 at 20:52. Reason: devastatingly poor grammar