Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2017, 05:01 (Ref:3720538)   #1272
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
But so far nothing you have moaned about and told how much smarter you are than the actual teams has EVER come to fruition
I'd be amazed if any things I've referred to ever came true simply because I've never made any predictions nor ever claimed to be smarter than any team. Opinions and concerns =/= predictions or claims of superior intelligence.

Well, I'll partially take that back... There was that ONE thing I made an express and deliberate prediction on - And it still amazes me that nobody's yet put two and two together about that matter, given the overall situation.

Quote:
so at this point your opinion is looking more vindictive pessimism than actually fully developed points. Just because you whine here and Racer doesn't make you knowledgeable, it means you ruin two sites like a certain often banned DJ from CA.
Well, maybe if people actually considered the points I'm trying to make instead of twisting them to suit whatever they'd prefer to cast me as, there'd be fewer problems. I've lost count of how many times I've made point X, and someone's come along to bash on the point by bringing up completely unrelated matters or interpreting my comments in ways that are unsupported by the statements made.

This matter's been a perfect example of the latter, in fact - I proposed that the LMP3s should be sped up and provided a point of comparison to outline why, and I'm getting all but accused of wanting to throw LMP3 to the curb in favor of my "precious CN cars." (that was not an actual quote, of course, just a simplification of how people appear to be looking at how I view CN)

And "whining?" If what I've done is whining to you, I think you need to look around a bit more - not just here, but everywhere. However bitter you may interpret my viewpoints as, actually trying to debate the matter certainly isn't "whining." By the definition you appear to be using, any form of criticism is whining.

Keep in mind, this all started because a certain someone didn't like the fact that I called the lack of a significant gap between the LMP3 and MPC poles at Sebring "unimpressive." Is that whining? No, it's criticism. Not even unfairly harsh criticism, either - criticism with valid logic behind it.

You know what I'd classify as whining? Complaining about an entire 12 hour endurance race simply because the finish wasn't close - something numerous users here and elsewhere are quite guilty of.

At least I'm trying to actually debate my point, and make clear what I've been trying to say amidst a mess of misunderstanding, rather than attacking anybody who dares not agree with it.