View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2003, 11:11 (Ref:562644)   #2
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say that JV's time was so much faster because he was carrying a pigload of fuel after his first pitstop (most likely to the finish) which is why we saw nothing of him until the last few laps before the red flag when his car was just starting to lighten up...this is evident as his fastest lap comes on lap 48 of the GP...JV was robbed of a podium IMO as it was pretty likely that Kimi, HHF, and Fisi had to come in for another stop. And if the race like that had gone on for another 15 laps indeed "who knows what could have happened"...stupid Alonso it could have really been a great ending to an exciting GP.

p.s. I said this in another post that I know that Fisi says he was fueled to the finish but I believe this is totally BS by Jordan to gain more sympathy in a possible appeal case. We all know that the Jordan's aren't that fast guys! These lap time prove that really I mean look at Fisi and Frentzen's times only a few tenths off a Mclaren???? Gimmie a break they were bone dry when they set those times (as they set them just before the red flag - laps 51 and 53 respectively) 53 was the last lap of the race.... these are very interesting and I'm surprised more ppl haven't discussed them!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.