View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2391626)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No surprise there though, chaps. We have to start somewhere though, and was there not an evolutionary process?

My first exposure to the early cars was at the St John Horsfall meeting at Silverstone in 1966. The Radio London Trophy 10 lap race for saloon cars included the Runham's 3.9 Mk11 Jaguars, 'Doc' M's 4.7V8 Cortina, and Phil De Banks 1650cc Anglia. The following year, I saw Mike(?) Bennion's 4.7V8 Morris Minor, and Tarrant's 4.6 V8 Chevy Austin A40. Later still, we had the Mick Hill V8 Capris, John Pope's Aston V8 engined Vauxhall Magnum, Bill Cox's V8 Capri and I even remember a Sunbeam H120 with a V8 (Chryler?) lump. Surely this is where it all started? Is this not where we should start?

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Feb 2009 at 12:00.