View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3513855)   #40
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit13 View Post
Mab01UK, I was at that Brands meeting and the silverstone one where Chris crashed.
I was only a young lad though! Remember Steve too, a sad loss both of them. On the front of Chris' metro is Winter Racing, my old man and uncles input into the Metro racing with Chris. The LRV plated Sierra in the background is my dads. I remember him cutting out the Tudorsale decals on the tailgate by hand from fablon!
Some great pics, remember Malcolm Harrison's cars, also him invading the hotel room with a soda squirter at one awards dinner too!
So, you may well have seen me at Brands, I was only about 3ft high though! My dad has a VHS tape of some cine film shot at that meeting.
As an interesting aside, first ever metro challenge meeting at brands, I believe Chris stuck the car on the front row during qualifying, then promptly stuck it in the barriers...front end pulled out with a land rover and a post in the paddock, it went on to the grid for the race...they paid start money in those days you see!
I was also at that first Metro Challenge race at Brands......I have photos of my brother Steve repairing the qualifying damage in the paddock......I will dig them out and scan/post them on here. If you have any way of transferring that VHS tape onto a dvd I would love to have a copy?