View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3564554)   #25
JamieStewart9
Rookie

JamieStewart9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJamieStewart9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, I didn't expect chapter and verse, just an indication of who you were and what you did.

A lot of your points - both here and elsewhere - are not unreasonable and I often find myself agreeing with some of them.
Unfortunately, you can't change things effectively without getting involved in some of the mundane stuff that isn't actually very exciting or appealing.

This comment particularly :- "And one who also believes passionately that nowhere near enough is being done to get people involved at a cheap, basic level. Forget clubs and marshalling, what we need is low price events, that offer people more than track days do. It's simple really, if you manage to do that, the drip will start to feed into all areas of motorsport."
Is like standing at the side of the Motorway shouting at the traffic and expecting it to have some effect.

I myself often rant out loud at the breakfast news and my wife has to remind me, that no matter how well my point is made, it is futile unless I am willing to actually get out there and do something about it.

Did I ever run the ACU? - That is truly funny in a way that I can't expect you to even begin to understand.
The ACU used to believe that I was the Anti-Christ and I even got as far as setting up my own licencing body (Moto-GB) back in 2005-2006 in order to take some motorcycle sport funds out of their hands.

I have over the years come to an accommodation with the ACU whereby they accept that I am a bit of a Maverick and that will never change, but I am useful to them in the training of their officials and in trying to drag motorcycle racing into the 21st Century.

I've done a lot of other stuff too, including organising and running (hands on) over 250 events, running two UK circuits, Moto-GP, World Superbikes, World Championship MX and World Championship SuperEnduro - but to go into all that would be boring.

----------------------------

Bellas original thread has been hijacked by this diversion and I apologise for that. In order to get it back on some kind of track...

The Clubs, private Promotors and/or event companies really do need to look at the possibilities of Dry-Hiring venues, because only once someone has put their hand in their pocket and shown just how successful and popular such an event could be, will the circuits re-evaluate how they do business.

I'm interested in doing just that and I have the financial ability and contacts to do so. If any Car Clubs/Organisers are genuinely interested in doing it and putting in real promotional effort, not just putting on another ordinary race.
I'd very much like to hear from them.

Events are the future, not just Race Meetings - it has to offer more than that.

Dave Stewart
Thundersport GB
Stewart Events

www.thundersportgb.com