View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2678657)   #15
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much of the damage may have been done on the original lean runs, and presumably the rr operator didn't do the first set up? Who knows.

I would point out the obvious that a decent support network for racing is absolutely key, once you've found someone you trust stick to them like glue through good and bad. I trailer my car across the south of England come what may to go to the same place I've been going since '98. Even then it won't always go your way.

By way of example I had a new engine dyno'd last year, all seemed OK so I trailered her up and trundled to Brands GP, unloaded and polished her before cracking open a beer and chuckling at those less ready than myself.

Only to discover in qualifying the next day that I had naff all power whatsoever. And I do mean naff all. Turned out a side seal spring had failed on the last run. First time that had happened in 10 years of rotaries. Stuff happens as they say.

The only other solution is for you to find someone who builds engines and dynos them as well. Then they are accountable for the whole deal and give it back when it has the power and all is well.. I've done that before and it works well. Not an option if you want to mix and match builders, or have a go yourself of course.

My thruppence worth is to put it down to experience and move on. Life is too short.

Oh yes, and don't mention them in here.. There will be 20 popping up saying how crap they are, and 20 saying how they've never had a problem, and hours of your life soaked up in needless hassle. And we're all getting a bit old for all that now, even me.

Atb.

S.