Old 21 Feb 2008, 09:58 (Ref:2133994)   #30
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
sadly as the committee is increasingly being added to by fellow hot rod owners it is unlikely to ever change. The ironic part is that Alfa Romeo didn't even produce a 2 litre engine until the early 70's so the whole thing is more modsports than historic pre 66.
I am sure that this series does have a place in racing but I personally dont think its with the HSCC as it dilutes the other series.
I stopped racing with HRSR when they reversed the decision to go "legit" on engine sizes.
Actually, the three new committee members all run 1600cc Lotus Cortinas. These cars have to run at a minimum weight of 825 kg ( 905kg including 80 kg for the driver) whereas an App K 1600 Lotus Cortina can run at 751 kg. As both the HRSR class car and the FIA class car run the same type and size of tyres the difference is then between engine power, suspension and brakes for the HRSR car against the 74 kg weight advantage of the App K car.

I understand that a good App K engine gives around 178 bhp (so 237 bhp/tonne) and a HRSR spec 1600 gives around 185 bhp (224 bhp/tonne).
The App K car has around a 6% power to weight ratio advantage to offset the braking and suspension deficiencies.

Are you now classing all HRSR class cars as 'Hotrods' rather than only the oversize engine cars?