Thread: illness
View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3289357)   #21
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have suffered for the 35 years of racing and Cadwell Park and Monaco are the worst. I do not race at Cadwell any more but Monaco is an exception even if I can only manage 15 minits of quolifying before having to come in.
I have tried everything except Hipnosis and acupunture. I found that stugeron sea sickness tablets work for me, taking between 2 to 6 depending on the track. Smooth tracks are better than twisty ones. I have tried other tablets, perscrption ones etc but now stick to Stugeron.
The more you drive a track and car the better it becomes. So driving a race car every day would help as knowing a track. At a meeting testing is quite bad, quolifying is better and the race is not a problem. Like sea sickness you get used to being on a boat and the moovement after a few days the more you drive a track the easier it becomes. Learning a track is bad but once the brain knows the corners and what to expect it becomes easier as well as concentration playes an inportant part so never look around but focus on the track ahead. Try not to look around or even look at something in the car. After a race the slowing down lap can get me as I relax and look around.
I have tried wrist bands and a watch that sends an electric pulse but they do not work for me.
Also, as I start to feel sick my temperature rises so trying to keep cool and control my breathing helps a lot.