Thread: illness
View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3289553)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting, I just keep thinking, this is not for me, it's not likely to get better!

You have the same approach as a pilot in the RAF, you just have to blat through it!

As I can't really afford to race, it is not a problem and I am not that fussed about not being able to do track days.

I was just interested to know and find that others have the same issue and are better at coping with it!

I just hate feeling sick it's that simple, and that is enough for me to walk away, or find something that doesn't do it, like oval racing or something short and quick.

I know Cadwell very well, and I don't look at anything in the car, it is just an inner ear balance problem, just like merry go rounds, I would be worst on something like waltzers for instance, but a big dipper would be fine, or something that loops, it's circular motion of the the head when the rest of the body is secure, like a kart or strapped into a race seat.

Be interesting to see if I get the same issue on a bike as you can move your body, whereas in a car your head is sort of the only thing that moves and maybe that affects things and sicknes coz you haven't got all your feelers out giving sensory feedback, as I am just reliant on vision, my brain and inner ear can't cope with the overload and that is what makes you feel sick.

The pills I took try and slow that down, and they do work, but I will admit I have not gone full bore on them, as they appaarently make your drowsy, and that could mean issues driving home etc.