View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3324877)   #80
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Well I am guilty of taking this thread off topic and I apologise to all of our posters..

Its the trade off, I watched the Senna movie again yesterday..We dont want that again do we...
In reality, that same crash could happen again quite easily. Perhaps the driver wouldn't be killed, but its possible as there are still tracks we go to where drivers are flat out with nothing but a guardrail or wall to hit. Think back to Indy, what was on the outside of the main final turn? A brick wall. Whats on the outside of The Tunnel at Monaco? A armco rail. Even the brand new Korea track has a frankly baffling final turn where drivers are flat out onto the pit straight with nothing but a brick wall on the outside. You can also point to parts of Singapore and Valencia too as having really contradictory safety standards. At one part of the track its a 60 metre run off, at another, its a brick wall (and im not talking about slow corners, I mean fast parts of the track have barriers real close).