View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3751557)   #149
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it's cyclical. There are periods of good years and forgettable years. It's what gives me hope for the mid and long term future. I personally find the current era of lmp1 machinery awesome and worthy of being remembered as a great era despite low participation and what looks like a quick and costly death.
I take it you are a fan of pure racing i.e. Building a faster car or cars are the stars. You also are fascinated with mechanical marvel and technical innovation. I am in the same boat. For what it's worth SCCA road racing may offer what you want. They may not be PROFESSIONAL but at least have various classes and decent competition. Lots of other various local and regional groups putting on shows. And that's just road racing. A coworker of mine competes in autocross....lots of diversity and ingenuity. And remember auto racing is just one part of a bigger motorsports community. I've followed motorcycle racing a long time. You should follow if you don't already. Powerboat racing has a rich history and today has a crazy amount of classes and freedom that may satisfy your appetite for pure racing. Good luck!