Thread: Project C.A.R.S
View Single Post
Old 11 May 2015, 06:54 (Ref:3536351)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bought this on the Xbox 1. DO NOT BUY THE CONSOLE VERSIONS.

I don't know how the PC one is, so I will not speak of it. But the console version is currently not playable. The joypad controls have major major bugs which make some cars completely undriveable.

Currently, going from lock to lock quickly will not work. If you are on left lock, then switch to the right too quickly, it continues on full left lock until you release the stick and let the car reset itself. Obviously by then it's too late to do anything as you've already had your accident.

The cars themselves are also too sensitive for a joypad. The reason is the car reaches full lock within 40% of the sticks travel. So before you're even turned half way, the car is already on full lock. There is also several other issues such as the Speed Sensitivity setting being reversed, and most control options not being explained. Being Sim racers, most of us understand deadzones and what not, but what on earth does "Control Input 1, 2 or 3" actually mean? I'm on a console - I can't open an ini to check this stuff.

What's worse is the community is busy telling people that it is a sim and meant to be hard. Meanwhile the dev team partly acknowledge the games flaws, but the community argues these flaws don't exist. The Xbox One patch is also broken, with gamers having to do hard reboots of the console for the patch to apply. SMS have now managed to make this game harder to play on a console than it is on a PC. I moved to console gaming because I no longer have time to play PC games to the max and need a more relaxed attitude, and this games actually harder to setup than Assetto Corsa was!

I grew up with GPL. Hot lapping the Ring trying to shave 0.1 off of my GPL Rank. I worked for Reiza Studios. I qualified for the iRacing Drivers World Championship. And now I'm being told by others that pCARS is a sim and the reason I can't drive it is because it's too realistic. In reality this game is completely broken on consoles.

I hope the PC version is better, but I do not hold my breath. Buy Assetto Corsa if you want a realistic driving experience. Buy Forza if you want an arcade (but slightly believable) one. Whilst this should be a bridge between both, it does not mean anything whilst you currently cannot play it.

For the first time ever, I'm seeking a refund for a game. Because it's a Digital Download it may not be possible. But I'm giving it a go.