Thread: F2 Spa
View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3761784)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Surely that puts to bed any doubt over Leclerc and a unfair car advantage, he is clearly head and shoulders above anyone else in the field.
I'm sorry it's just not possible for one driver to be that much quicker than his own teammate let alone the rest of the field in a one make series!!

Even Hamilton didn't destroy Premat to the same degree in 2006 when ART had a similar performance advantage.

Leclerc is a very talented driver (i have nothing at all against him) but there is so much more to this than we are led to believe.

As for this actual race Rowland was a bit naive exiting T1. He made a blinding start but got caught out by Leclerc and lost the endplate. Did well to do what he did for 3rd with the subsequent 'understeery' car.

Ghiotto v Markelov was good value.

Otherwise some pretty average performances out there.