View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3801279)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Always nice to see you blessing another thread with your eternal optimism Chunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche
Only time will tell with this event, nearer the time entries will be revealed and other classes and rules for current competitive cars eligible or not.
Yeah, I agree. If they can get a handful of decent British and European cars on the entry then I think that will go a long way to justifying the cost. The numbers of regular drivers may not be quite as high as the World Championship, but each day is a complete event so with a few extra cars we should see 15+ Supercar races including at least three finals (four with enough cars).

The difference in regulation is in an interesting point, but I'm not sure it will be too much of an issue. As of last year the GRC didn't have the same ECU restrictions as the World Championship, so I think the differences may be limited to tyres and fuel? The latter point might affect mapping on British/European cars, but that's not a major issue to get round.

Race Tech did discuss the Championship regulation differences a year or so ago (when they covered the OMSE Civic). Will have to dig the article out and refresh my memory on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
I wonder what the details of ERX standalone event were. If Pat says it wasn't big enough in favour of GRC (which, as set out above, is quite small in terms of entries). If it was full ERX supercar , super 1600 and touring car then that would be preferable in my opinion. Maybe it was only one or two of those classes... Guess we'll never know.
Yeah, would be interesting to know what is/was being proposed there. Sure Pat would have been part of the presentation with regards to the electrification of World Rallycross and, as alluded to in the Kent Online article, the idea of standalone European events could be much more appealing in a couple of years time.

I have said in the other thread (and it is really related to the subject of this thread), but I think the way in which the future of the European Championship is handled is absolutely critical now.