View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1699563)   #41
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Roy Gravestock - probably too old to race now (if that doesn't get the old git back out in a car, I dunno what will). Still spends his time navigating through the side windows of various Nova's with knobbly tyres, once ran as high as 3rd overall in the Circuit of Ireland rally when it snowed, and being Roy, he was on road tyres, when everyone else was caught out on slicks, came to an early demise taking avoidance of an earlier incident.
Compton - you cheeky scrote!! Despite getting a heating allowance this year I'm still playing this silly motorsport game! Not too old to race - it's that bloody stress-related ECG test that us old buggers need for racing that puts me off!!

Finally kicked the Nova habit after 21 years, at the moment building a Corsa 'C', mainly for Endurance Rallying, but also for a bit of Stage Rallying.

We've done the Lombard Revival Rally for the last 2 years (8th overall in 2005 with Tim "Mighty-mouth" Ball. Doing the 2006 Revival Rally in October.

Spoke to Richard "Mr Whippy" Gane tonight. He and Chris "No-idea" Adams (London cabbies extraordinaire!!) are now both Integra mounted. Richard is driving in the 24-Hours next week.

Anyway, best regards to any Toyo Tyres competitors of the early 90's.

Cheers,

Roy

P.S. Still using road tyres!!!