View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2016, 03:40 (Ref:3614738)   #492
philip seaman
Rookie

philip seaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of an update, Super road saloons Lotus Sunbeam's....

Neil Hasler sold his white and green stripe car to Liegh Fraklin around 04/05, that came in a few years back for some improvements and upgrades, he competes in Toyo Racing Saloons, although I haven't seen him in the results for a couple of years.

Neils red Sunbeam I built back in '89, got sold to Mark Wyatt around '93, he went on to class champion, (I think), Mark sold the car to Steve Taylor, he done a few races around '95/'96 he then sold to Mark Monk around '98, he done few races, then sold to Dave Thorpe for track days, he then sold to Steve Sutton for track days, he then sold back to Steve Taylor for track days, it came back in for restoration and improvements a few years back,
Steve sold the car on last year, he didn't get around to building it up again.

Spoke to Jon Woodward not long ago..he still has his orange race car, not raced since around '93/94.

Not sure if Rob Beaumont still has his car. Woody might know.

Mikes Super Road Saloon car became his Mod Prod car for '92/'93, then became my Mod Prod car as from '94 to present

My first Super Road Saloon car '90/'91 then became Eric Crawley's, he then sold to Nick Kaye around '97, Nick went on to class champion in around '99/'00, car then came back to me, I then sold to Dave Thorpe, he done few Mod Prod races. he still has the car.

I spoke to Nick Kaye at Brands last year, after the Sunbeam he went on to racing Ferrari's with good success, he expressed an interest in his old Sunbeam,

My second Super Road saloon car (my first green and orange stripe), I raced a few rounds in '92/'93, sold to a friend as road car to fund present Mod prod car. that car changed hands to another friend around '04, it came back in a
couple of years ago for restoration and upgrades, still used on track days.