View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2009, 00:57 (Ref:2439561)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The NZ newspaper reports suggest that FPR is the logical buyer of this licence... but are they the only people with the desire and perhaps more importantly, wherewithall, to secure the property?

Noise from SEQ most recently has the crowd at the Wilson Group seriously looking at acquiring the available 2009 Racing Entitlement Contract, presumably for their own use.

What is interesting in that scenario is what this group would do with the REC.. since they already have a leased licence in place (secured from Britek for season 2009 only apparently)

Expand to 3 cars? Or more interestingly, run 2 cars with 3 licences at their disposal.

How might such a thing happen? Well the lease with Britek would have to be broken (which would pretty much guarantee Britek falls off a cliff... hey another 2009 REC up for sale cheap??) or VESA would be asked to hang ointo the available licence until the start of 2010.. when WSR/PCR could run 2 cars under REC's controlled/owned by them

Allegedly.

Stranger things have happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House