View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3635836)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why so negative?

Of course it's a small series compared to V8SC (however don't overrate V8SC, it gets little to no coverage in Europe and McLaughlin is a nobody here) but at the end it's still an official Volvo entry.

Not being negative but trying to understand why they'd go all the trouble to make that happen for STCC-if it was for WTCC then I'd be impressed but in my eyes STCC is not a strong national touring car series. Not overrating V8SC at all, I'm not one of those idiots that truly believes that the series is well known and followed in Europe when it really isn't. If there is any following it would be in the UK from what I've seen but yes those numbers would be pretty small. And yes McLaughlin is a nobody there so why would they want to put him in one of their STCC cars?