View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2002, 11:28 (Ref:222228)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
The 1993 Xedos (the purple & yellow car driven by Patrick Watts) was raced in the 1993 Touring Car World Cup (at Monza) at the end of the year by ex-F1 driver and sometime Abba drummer(!) Slim Borgudd- he then used the car to win the 1994 Nordic Touring car series. He also drove it in the 94 World Cup at Donington- (it was still purple & yellow..)

The two cars kmchow referred in the 1997 NATCC were owned by a guy named Bob Schader (I think that's the spelling..)- he drove one, and ran a number of drivers in the other, including South African Desire Wilson- one of the few women to drive in F1- who made at least one appearance.

I think the cars had been advertised in Autosport for some time in late 96 before Schader bought them- the advert also included the 323 that was built for Matt Neal to drive in the 94 World Cup- I think this ended up in Belgium.

The Schader cars were plain white, and one of them must be the ex-David Leslie 1994 car. Does anyone know whether the other is the '93 car resprayed white, or did Mazda rebuild the Matt Neal car which was crashed at Silverstone?