Thread: Race Control...
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3620486)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I feel like they're not acting in the best interests of the fans most of the time.

The fans want to see a race, not a bunch of cars trundling around behind the SC, or parked up in pit lane. That the catagory refuses to utilise a full wet tyre for this sort of weather, is appalling. It is not NASCAR. It may not have had much of an affect on the final outcome, but would have certainly made the pill a little easier to swallow. If it is declared a wet race, and I do believe this is part of the procedure, do away with compulsary pit stops. Just let the teams manage their strategy themselves, so they can get their cars to the finish.

When you try to control so much of the racing, you can't account for the variables, which leads to the mess we saw today. I for one, am disappointed.
but thats not a race control issue, thats v8 suppercars issue.

What was the mess you saw today? we started under safety car, nothing wrong with that, we reached a time certain finish, has happened many times, including last year at clipsal? some teams made a poor strategic call, has happened thousand of times.
Someone, i assume it race control, let cars out out of pit lane a lap early, that was an error, might have been someone else in charge of pitlane exit lights